The Sokemen take part in events around the country, either as a standalone group, or working alongside other Medieval groups at larger scale events.
Our 2019 confirmed events are
- Peterborough Museum – Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 January – Tudor Living history event as part of the annual Katharine of Aragon Festival.
- Longthorpe Tower – Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 April – Peasant’s Revolt event, where we are recreating the events of the riots in Peterboorough in 1381 as a mob riots against the hated Poll Tax!
- Tewkesbury Abbey – Sunday 5 – Monday 6 May – ‘Armour at the Abbey’ with our friends from LEAD Historical reenactment, bringing to life the court of King Edward IV in the grounds of this marvellous church.
- The Battle of Huntingdon 1461 – Saturday 29 & Sunday 30 June – for the Huntingdonshire History Festival, we’re recreating the taking of Huntingdon by a Lancastrian army in 1461 at the Castle Park.
- Tewkesbury Medieval Festival – Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 July – The largest Medieval event in Europe, with a battle re-enactment of the Wars of the Roses battle in 1471.
- Longthorpe Tower – Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 August – a family friendly event, with arming of the knight/drill, dressing of the lady/dance sessions twice daily.
- Bosworth Battlefield, Leicestershire – Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 August – Living History and battle re-enactment of the most famous battle of the Wars of the Roses.
- Collyweston Palace – Saturday 31 August & Sunday 1 September – An event bringing to life the story of this lost early Tudor Palace, once the main home of Lady Margaret Beaufort, the matriarch of the Tudor dynasty.
- Longthorpe Tower – Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 October- Medieval experience days, pre-booked workshops for adults to experience life in the 15th century including trying on cloth lung and armour and sampling medieval food.
We are already starting to get bookings for 2020, so please contact us as soon as possible if you would like us to attend your event.